Penelope admires the lush melody and brutal orchestration of Tan Dun's Marco Polo.
Hard on the heels of the Ten Things I've Done... competition (see below) comes the Five Random Movie Lines competition, hosted by Our Girl in Chicago. Here are my entries:
1. "You have no idea." — Reversal of Fortune
2. "Well, it's very ... homey." — The Shining
3. "Where would you put Mr. James Joyce?" — The Third Man
4. "Prepare for total domination!" — Bring It On
5. "They're yelling in Baton Rouge!" — Network
Five other favorite lines from The Third Man:
1. "Already in hell ... or in heaven."
2. "Oh yes, the Hindu dancers. Thank you, Sargeant."
3. "It's wonderful how you keep the tension."
4. "You were born to be murdered."
5. "Ballon, mein Herr?"
More ambitious posts on the deeper history of the key of E-flat minor, the sexual psychodrama behind Berg's Chamber Concerto, and the whole story of Gavriil Popov will have to wait; I'm in transit today to a southern destination.